- Prepare monthly accounting close and consolidated financial statements. Analyze the monthly financial statement results and provide explanations for any unusual items.
- Review and approve various journal entries such as fixed asset depreciation, accruals, intercompany eliminations and other adjustments to fairly represent the monthly financial results of the Company.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations of general ledger balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly bank reporting requirements
- Prepare monthly variance analysis to bank projections.
- Assist in development of annual budgets.
- Prepare work papers for year-end financial audit, semi-annual bank audits and assist in year-end physical inventory count & observation.
- Assist in the development of accounting and financial policies and procedures to ensure the efficient financial operations of the organization and ensure compliance with applicable accounting and financial standards.
- Manage employee costs through review of invoices and recommend cost savings
- Review and reconcile benefit program costs to monthly headcount
- Complete ad hoc requests and projects as assigned
Qualified candidates for the Staff Accountant should possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Solid attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
The total compensation range is from $40,000 to $50,000 with great benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to email@example.com and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. #2020888. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.