- Prepare journal entries on a daily and monthly basis, ensuring accurate account balances and compliance with GAAP.
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Investigate anomalies identified to determine root causes and implement solutions to improve processes.
- Understand internal control procedures and regulations and assist in maintaining and updating accounting policies and procedures.
- Review processes and identify opportunities to improve efficiency/accuracy and implement solutions.
- Complete special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Oversee customer billing and cash receipts process, research payment issues, including resolutions of customer disputes, deductions, chargebacks, refunds.
- Support payroll process, including biweekly maintenance of records, including new hires, terminations, benefit adjustments, pay rate changes, etc. and quarterly forecasting
- Monthly sales and use tax return preparation and transmittal for multiple counties and subsidiaries.
Qualified candidates for the Staff Accountant should possess:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of experience
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The total compensation range is from $55,000 to $65,000 with a great benefits package. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. # 2020400. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.