- Prepare monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Establish and follow a month end check list and close process
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations to ensure all accounts are correct
- Account for fixed assets and depreciation on a monthly basis
- Prepare and analyze both the work in process and over/under billed construction schedules each month
- Work with estimators or project managers to understand the job budget or bid and work that has been completed and billed to calculate accurate work in process or over/underbilled amounts
- Review time and material jobs to ensure billed or work in process amounts are correct.
- Ensure matching of costs and revenue for jobs in the month
- Provide monthly financial data, variance analysis, and ad hoc reporting to the corporate office.
- Provide data and coordinates with the corporate office to facilitate the external audit.
- Review current payroll and human resources policies and practices and makes recommendations for compliance and efficiencies
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Other projects as assigned
Qualified candidates for the Staff Accountant should possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of experience
- Construction experience a plus
- Solid attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (Pivot Tables/Vlookups)
The total compensation range is from $55,000 to $65,000 plus bonus with great benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to email@example.com and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. #114033. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.
Pay: up to $65,000/year
55,000 to 65,000
Job Status: Full Time