- Assist with the month-end closing process, conducting research and making correction journal entries for account discrepancies, prepares closing journal entries and enter accrual entries
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Assist with budget preparation
- Maintain the fixed asset and associated depreciation schedules, ensure proper recording of new purchases and disposals
- Coordinates and maintains miscellaneous grant billings and reports; verifies all billings are complete and reconciled to the general ledger; and complies complex grant expense reports as required by the grantors.
- Accounts Receivable - invoicing, recording payments, collections
- Assist with payroll system and payroll related items
- Prepare correspondence as needed within the department
- Backup Accounts Payable and Data Entry Accounting Clerk
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- To support the CFO and Accounting Manager in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance Department.
Qualified candidates for the Staff Accountant should possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of experience
- Solid attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (Pivot Tables/Vlookups)
The total compensation range is from $60,000 to $65,000 plus bonus with great benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to email@example.com and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. #112604. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.
Pay: up to $65,000/year
60,000 to 65,000
Job Status: Full Time