Senior Staff Accountant
- Day to day accounting operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and deposits.
- Assist with month end close process by preparing monthly journal entries and reconciliations and analyzes balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare year-end audit/review schedules and assist in the preparation of deliverables.
- Participate in the development and documentation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Play an active role in system enhancements and upgrades.
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry into QuickBooks.
- Receive deposit report from the development office and process deposits.
- Input and reconcile all credit card account activity.
- Book and/or manage adjustments to Assets, Liabilities and/or Equity accounts.
- Prepare reports as needed for grants and contracts which may include exporting to Excel.
- Process weekly A/P checks and staff expense reimbursements.
- Review and process payroll on a semi-monthly basis and ensure payroll process is in compliance with federal and state law.
- Keep apprised of current payroll and accounting regulations and best practices.
- Complete other duties that may be assigned.
Qualified candidates for the Senior Staff Accountant should possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of experience
- Solid attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
The total compensation range is from $60,000 to $70,000 with great benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. #2020109. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.