A Leading Distribution Company located in Morris County, NJ is searching for a Senior Accountant who will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the closing process and preparation of the consolidated monthly reporting package.
- Manage general ledger and maintain accounting for subsidiary companies.
- Analyze the accounting records and prepare the necessary journal entries.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Manage balance sheet schedules and reconciliations.
- Assisting the Accounting Manager with managing year-end audit requests and banking compliance.
- Implementing processes and timelines defined by the Accounting Manager to ensure deadlines are met for corporate close schedule.
- Participate in external audits.
- Assist in the preparation of miscellaneous tax filings (annual and quarterly filings, alcohol tax, sales and use tax audits, etc.).
- Analyze results and present variance vs. plan and vs. prior periods and lead special projects and ad-hoc analysis.
- Develop and implement accounting, reporting and operating policies to maintain compliance with US GAAP.
- Providing ad-hoc reports to various company and department heads as needed.
Qualified candidates for the Senior Accountant role should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA or CPA a plus
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience with Oracle, SAP or Hyperion a plus
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills
The total compensation range for this opportunity is $70,000 to $80,000 with excellent benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call us at (973)921-9777. Ref. #MO048HY. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.
Have a friend or colleague in need of career assistance? Help them and help yourself! Speak to a recruiter today about our referral bonus program.
Nauticus Group is an elite staffing team specializing in placing all levels of accountants, bookkeepers, analysts, tax and audit professionals on a temporary, consulting, or permanent basis. Job titles and responsibilities of the candidates we specialize in placing may include the following: Accounting, finance, bookkeeping, payroll, credit & collections, audit, taxation and operations.
Pay: $70,000 to $80,000/year
$70000 to $80000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time