A Leading Pharmaceutical Company located in Bergen County, NJ is searching for a Senior Accountant who will have the following responsibilities:
- Prepare appropriate quarter-end/year-end audit schedules and analyses of Balance Sheet accounts and related income/expense accounts that are easily understood by management and auditors.
- Investigate and resolve any open items.
- Perform monthly Balance Sheet and P&L account analysis in order to assure Balance Sheet and P&L integrity and prepares related journal entries.
- Responsible for detailed legal expense tracking. Liaison between Legal and Accounting departments to ensure proper accounting for all legal expenses.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as well as monthly reporting packages for the Parent Company.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly Balance Sheet flux analysis for senior management review.
- Coordinate accounting matters with other departments and locations, including intercompany transactions.
- Assist with the consolidation of the Company’s foreign entity.
- Work with internal and external auditors on all quarterly and year-end audits. Provide requested items to outside auditors in a timely manner.
- Assist with SOX compliance efforts in the finance area by performing established control procedures, documenting related internal control processes, and testing to ensure these controls are adhered to.
- Evaluate internal controls and make recommendations for improvement in efficiency.
- Actively participates in the implementation of system improvements that will generate more timely, accurate and efficient financial reporting.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Accounting Operations or department heads.
Qualified candidates for the Senior Accountant role should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA or CPA a plus
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience with Oracle, SAP or Hyperion a plus
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills
The total compensation range for this opportunity is $70,000 to $80,000 with excellent benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to email@example.com and/or call us at (973)921-9777. Ref. #MO06SRA10ML. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.
Have a friend or colleague in need of career assistance? Help them and help yourself! Speak to a recruiter today about our referral bonus program.
Nauticus Group is an elite staffing team specializing in placing all levels of accountants, bookkeepers, analysts, tax and audit professionals on a temporary, consulting, or permanent basis. Job titles and responsibilities of the candidates we specialize in placing may include the following: Accounting, finance, bookkeeping, payroll, credit & collections, audit, taxation and operations.
Pay: $70,000 to $80,000/year
$70000 to $80000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time