- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Maintain general and subsidiary ledgers through preparation of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Process bi-weekly payroll via payroll software: verify attendance, hours worked, pay adjustments, bonuses, paid time-off, FMLA, deductions and processing of 401k deductions. Books payroll to the general ledger, analyze and record accruals for payroll, PTO and bonuses.
- Manage corporate credit card; assist in managing user accounts and balances, collect and verify expenditures and backup, reconcile activity and record monthly journals in general ledger.
- Record fixed assets in accounts payable/general ledger, record and maintain assets in fixed assets module, tag physical assets at various locations, assist in conducting fixed assets audits.
- Process accounts payable on a weekly basis. Analyze, verify, code and process invoices into our AP software and accounting system, vendor maintenance, resolve issues and discrepancies, 1099s. Assist in vendor selection.
- Manage petty cash; secure, analyze, record, maintain change on hand, provide cash advances and expense reimbursements. Conduct petty cash audits at other locations.
- Process all of the organization’s accounts receivable. Prepares and process bi-weekly bank deposit with corresponding journal entry. Manage any outstanding balances and follow up with A/R debtors accordingly.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Prepare and analyze monthly and year end account reconciliations as well as audit work papers.
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances.
- Assist with year end audit.
- Continuously analyze current processes and suggest and implement process improvements in the area of responsibility.
- Document and update processes and procedures on regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates for the Senior Accountant role should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with Oracle or similar system
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills
The total compensation range for this opportunity is $70,000 to $80,000 with excellent benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call us at (973)921-9777. Ref. # 2020114. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.