Sales & Use Tax Accountant
- Researching sales tax laws and applying them to the company's products and services to ensure taxes are properly collected and remitted in various jurisdictions
- Prepare, review, and submit sales, use, gross receipts and similar transaction-based tax returns
- Primary point of contact for sales tax audits by providing data, answering questions, and escalating potential issues to management as appropriate.
- Provide tax guidance to internal and external customers, and communicate with state and local taxing jurisdictions to resolve tax notices
- Support and/or lead tax system maintenance, including jurisdictional setups, product taxability, and customer resale and exemption certificates
- Assist with invoice and report review and analysis in relation to monthly reporting
Qualified candidates for this role should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance a plus
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented, proactive& motivated
- Working knowledge of state and local sales/use tax required.
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel
The total compensation range for this opportunity is $70,000 to $80,000 with excellent benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to email@example.com and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. # 2020859. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.