Sales & Use Tax Accountant
- Ensure compliance with sales/use tax laws through the preparation of state and local sales/use tax returns, verification and maintenance of sales/use tax rates and taxability matrices.
- Prepare and coordinates sales & use tax audits.
- Prepare and files monthly sales/use tax returns, ensuring compliance.
- Review contracts and other transactions/acquisitions for sales/use tax implications.
- Prepare sales & use tax account reconciliations and monthly standard journal entries.
- Prepare annual budget; Quarterly analysis for sales & use tax loss contingencies true up.
- Analyze, recommends, and implements initiatives to streamline sales/use tax processes.
- Ensure accuracy of the POS & eCommerce retail sales tax information through merchandise hierarchy.
- Review budgets for other departments to ensure adequate sales/use tax provisions.
- Prepare, coordinates, and reviews preliminary sales/use tax audits adjustments provided by taxing authorities.
- Maintain accurate tax compliance through the maintenance of the sales tax software application.
Qualified candidates for this role should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance a plus
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented, proactive& motivated
- Working knowledge of state and local sales/use tax required.
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel
The total compensation range for this opportunity is $60,000 to $65,000 with excellent benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to email@example.com and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. # 161065. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.
Pay: up to $65,000/year
60,000 to 65,000
Job Status: Full Time