Sales & Use Tax Accountant
A Prominent Retail firm located in Bergen County, NJ is searching for a Sales & Use Tax Accountant with responsibilities as follows:
- Prepare and file sales and use tax returns timely and accurately; realize full discounts when available
- Maintain fixed asset data and works closely with outside consultant firm providing property tax services on compliance, notice of assessment and payments
- Work with State auditors on indirect tax audits
- Assist in month-end close and prepare journal entries
- Prepare written communication Indirect Tax issues (i.e., refund claims, needed exemption forms, etc.)
- Works with IT in updating tax rates for the POS including researching and verifying rate changes for accuracy and timeliness; updates Tax Master Spreadsheets, and validates monthly sales tax data
- Assist in State Income tax compliance and gathering information for Income Tax audits as needed
- Assist in obtaining new and renewal business licenses and occupational tax returns as needed
- Provide customer service to other teams as needed such as helping AP secure the proper checks or getting business licenses for the construction team on an expedited basis
Qualified candidates for this role should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance a plus
- Working knowledge of state and local sales/use tax required.
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel
The total compensation range for this Collections Manager opportunity is $50,000 to $65,000 with excellent benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to email@example.com and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. # MO06UT2JH4. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.
Have a friend or colleague in need of career assistance? Help them and help yourself! Speak to a recruiter today about our referral bonus program.
Nauticus Group is an elite staffing team specializing in placing all levels of accountants, bookkeepers, analysts, tax and audit professionals on a temporary, consulting, or permanent basis. Job titles and responsibilities of the candidates we specialize in placing may include the following: Accounting, finance, bookkeeping, payroll, credit & collections, audit, taxation and operations.
Pay: $50,000 to $65,000/year
$50000 to $65000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time