Medical Billing Associate
- Bill and post revenue payments/charges to patient’s accounts and insurance payors
- Review and audit patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtain any incomplete or missing billing information
- Obtain authorizations as appropriate.
- Ensure verification of eligibility and payor benefits
- Prepare, review, and transmit claims using automated systems and manual paper claim process
- Follow up on unpaid claims within specified billing cycle timeframe
- Validate insurance payment for accuracy and compliance based on contractual terms
- Evaluate and investigate payor matters for any discrepancy in payments as necessary
- Identify and bill secondary payors
- Follow-up on all accounts with payor or patient
- Follow-up on payor specific appeals and denial of claims.
- Respond to all patient or insurance telephone inquiries to ensure timely reimbursement.
- Update cash spreadsheet, generate collection reports and ensure compliant collection efforts interpreting the explanation for benefits (EOB)
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates for the Medical Billing Associate role should possess:
- An Associate Degree in Business a plus
- Experience in CPT and ICD-9 coding a plus
- 3+ years of experience
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines, including HMO, PPO, Medicare, and state Medicaid
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Energetic, willing to learn and capable of being a team player
The total compensation range for this opportunity is $35,000 to $45,000 with excellent benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to email@example.com and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. #2020514. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.