Fixed Assets Accountant
- Maintain and review fixed assets.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation.
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets.
- Investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets.
- Coordinate with Operations team data center asset dispositions.
- Conduct periodic physical inventory counts of fixed assets.
- Work with Operations team on cycle counts.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
- Manage equipment leases.
- Overall control of original lease documentation and maintenance of master lease files.
- Facilitate and track routing and execution of various lease related: agreements - documents/forms/lease documents.
- Establish and maintain proper controls to track expirations, renewal options, and all other critical dates.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Qualified candidates for the Fixed Assets Accountant role should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of experience
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Energetic, willing to learn and capable of being a team player
- Capable of meeting deadlines and ability to take on extra responsibilities when necessary
The total compensation range for this opportunity is $65,000 to $70,000 with excellent benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to email@example.com and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. #2020606. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.