Director of Accounting
- Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Oversee internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
- Celebrate successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
- Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Ensure employees establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships within their team.
- Participate in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Ensure property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Generate and provide accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Compile, code, categorize, calculate, tabulate, audit, or verify information or data.
- Ensure that the P&L is accurate (i.e., costs are properly matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper accounts) and statements are delivered to appropriate individuals in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
- Review audit issues and make corrections as necessary.
- Leverage centralized accounting processes and shared services.
- Demonstrate knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Use computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Leverage technology and effectively uses information systems and tools to generate financial reports and provide managers with analytical support to drive decision-making.
- Achieve and exceed goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Support a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability and manage business risks.
Qualified candidates for the Director of Accounting will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or MBA a plus
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
The total compensation range is from $145,000 to $155,000 plus incentives with excellent benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. # 2020405. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.