- Identify Cost drivers and suggest Cost improvements.
- Develop labor and overhead rates, review material Costs for annual revisions.
- Review and analyze cost information to explain cost variances.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts and investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues.
- Update standard costs in the bill of materials.
- Perform accounting for inventory, fixed assets, and work in progress (WIP).
- Provide manufacturing variance and trend analysis.
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies.
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close.
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles.
- Work with the materials review board to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory.
- Calculate cost analysis and conduct ongoing process constraint analyses.
- Provide the following reports: breakeven points by products; work centers and factories; and margins by product.
- Provide reporting on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances and in addition to analyzing capital budgeting requests.
- Perform cost accumulation tasks and Month End Close Activities.
- Will be required to participate in Audits.
Qualified candidates for the Cost Accountant role should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience in manufacturing industry
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skill
- Energetic, willing to learn and capable of being a team player
The total compensation range for this opportunity is $65,000 to $70,000 with excellent benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to email@example.com and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. # 07022. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.
Pay: up to $70,000/year
65,000 to 70,000
Job Status: Full Time