- Supports monthly close process.
- Enters monthly inventory and cost of goods sold (COGS) journal entries
- Reconciles perpetual inventory to general ledger
- Reconciles perpetual inventory to physical inventories and cycle counts on weekly basis
- Manages standard cost system and variance analysis.
- Produces daily production and variance reports (materials and labor)
- Develops and tracks Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) working closely with operations management
- Prepare reports on margins by product, product line and product type
- Work with sales, production, purchasing and warehouse personnel to identify slow moving inventory and determine alternatives for sale or disposition of same.
- Work with purchasing and warehouse personnel to identify, locate and dispose of obsolete inventory.
Qualified candidates for the Cost Accountant role should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience in manufacturing industry a plus
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skill
- Energetic, willing to learn and capable of being a team player
The total compensation range for this opportunity is $65,000 to $75,000 with excellent benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to email@example.com and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. #121887. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.
Pay: up to $75,000/year
65,000 to 75,000
Job Status: Full Time