- Monitor monthly balances of customers
- Follow closely the course of aging accounts and determine action to be taken personally or by assistants on delinquent accounts
- Plan and maintain a program for the systematic follow-up and collection of receivables
- Follow up on disputes in a timely manner and work with salespeople and customers to resolve.
- Facilitate bad debt recovery by monitoring potential write-offs and collecting on previous write-offs, and taking legal action when necessary
- Obtain and maintain a working knowledge of all local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Work with customers and visit them onsite regularly, either with project managers or alone.
- Personally handle credit beyond subordinates authority, major accounts requiring individual attention, marginal accounts, problem accounts, special credit arrangements, and deviations from standards
- Develop a productive team by hiring, training, and providing professional development
- Provide communication and motivational techniques in supervising, coaching, and disciplining associates
Qualified candidates for the Collections Manager role should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance a plus
- 5 years corporate collections experience.
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented, proactive & motivated
- Experience with PeopleSoft or similar ERP a plus
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel
The total compensation range for this Collections Manager opportunity is $75,000 to $85,000 with excellent benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. # 171803. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.
Pay: up to $85,000/year
75,000 to 85,000
Job Status: Full Time