- Actively collect past due invoices, including resolving billing issues with assistance from the sales team.
- Review customer-aging reports on a monthly basis in order to identify problematic accounts.
- Monitor accounts and make collection calls on outstanding invoices, and handle disputed invoices.
- Escalate large collections issues appropriately and in timely manner.
- Actively manage write-off concerns with manager and create analysis to determine the correct measures to take on the account or notify the correct personnel to write-off the account if necessary.
- Actively work with customers and internal management to determine alternative payment options when necessary.
- Actively monitor and document customers whose aging becomes severe and communicate to the manager as necessary.
- Maintain quality control/satisfaction records, constantly seeking new ways to improve customer service and the AR Credit & Collections process and reduce collection cycle times
- Interpret customer financial information and Dun & Bradstreet reports to determine credit worthiness, advising internal management of payment terms and credit limits.
- Prepares and analyzes receivable reports, including collection and compilation of accurate statistical data for reporting.
- Works closely with management and Finance team on revenue recognition and allocation.
- Audits current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of billing and collections operations.
- Participates in the monthly close by preparing month end reconciliations and journal entries for general ledger accounts.
- Participate in accounting process improvements under the general guidance of the manager and or senior finance management.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Qualified candidates for the Billing/Collections Manager role should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance a plus
- 5 years corporate collections experience.
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented, proactive& motivated
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel (Pivot Tables, Vlookups)
The total compensation range for this opportunity is $70,000 to $850,000 with excellent benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to email@example.com and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. #114467. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.
Pay: up to $80,000/year
75,000 to 80,000
Job Status: Full Time