- Oversee the daily accounting activities required to maintain the general ledger including, but not limited to, cash reconciliations, trust account statement reconciliations, check runs, accounts receivable transactions, fixed asset activity, payroll, accounts payable transactions, debt activity, recording of revenue and expenses.
- Cash management (including placement/movement of funds in various trusts).
- Maintain organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions.
- Resolve complex accounting issues or assisting other Authority personnel in resolving financial issues. Reviews general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of posting.
- Produce financial reports involving trust accounts for monthly board meetings and coordinating monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities.
- Produce quarterly and annual financial statements and ad hoc financial reports in conjunction with an outside CPA firm
- Suggest and implement recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures.
Qualified Candidates for the Bookkeeper role should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance a plus
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience with QuickBooks or similar system
- Good communications and organizational skills
The total compensation range is from $45,000 to $55,000 with great benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. #112023. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.
Pay: up to $55,000/year
45,000 to 55,000
Job Status: Full Time