A Leading Manufacturing Company located in Bergen County, New Jersey is searching for an Assistant Controller who will handle the following responsibilities:
- Prepare, review, and process weekly check runs for three separate corporations, monitoring for discount opportunities (Average 200-300 per week.)
- Coding and batch entry of administrative and office expense invoices, verifying all monthly and annual invoices are posted and paid on time (Average of 100 per week)
- Audit, verify, and posts expense reports and credit card statements
- Review and verify approval of all invoices, check requests, debit/credit memos to ensure that data is correct and complies with company policies and standards.
- Identify Intercompany expenses and allocate to the corresponding company
- Report and submit payment for State Sales tax in two different states
- Process Payroll Journal Entries and reconcile related GL accounts
- Bank Reconciliation including posting of bank transfers and fees.
- Reconcile monthly vendor statements, ensuring all accounts are current
- Communicate and maintain relationship with vendors, including W-9 collection
- File and maintains proper accounts payable documents for research and reference
- Recognize and note errors for Controller
- Back up for accounts receivable
- Assist Controller with requests and projects as needed
- Assists in quarter and year end closing
- Assists in developing and implementing procedures designed to improve methods of accounting for accounts payable section.
Qualified candidates for the Accounting Manager should possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus
- 5+ years of experience
- High level of accuracy and organizational skills
- Advanced Excel skills
The total compensation range is from $85,000 to $95,000 with great benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to email@example.com and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. #MO06AM60YRD. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.
Pay: $85,000 to $100,000/year
$85000 to $100000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time