Accounts Payable Specialist
- Ensure vendor invoices are distributed timely to appropriate departments and project managers for coding and approval.
- Review vendor invoices for purchase order implications and get proper coding instructions for deposits on PO’s.
- Update purchase orders when prepayments are processed, ensuring proper commenting on invoice entry.
- Review vendor invoices for tax implications, including sales and use tax, CA non-resident withholding and 1099.
- Review vendor invoices for Expenditure Request Form (ERF) implications and ensure proper coding and approval prior to entry.
- Enter approved and coded vendor invoices to allow for prompt payment and purchase discounts to be taken.
- Fill out credit applications with proper information to secure credit terms from new vendors.
- Set up new vendors with proper review and documentation.
- Reconcile vendor accounts and communicate with vendor accounts receivable departments as needed.
- Assist with accounts payable filing system.
- Maintain accurate and updated vendor documentation.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Qualified candidates for the Accounts Payable Specialist should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance a plus
- 2+ years Accounts Payable experience
- Strong experience with Excel (Pivot Tables and VLOOKUPS a plus)
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
The total compensation range is from $40,000 to $45,000, with great benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. #2020892. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.