Accounts Payable Lead
A Leading Retail Company located in Bergen County, New Jersey is searching for an Accounts Payable Lead who will handle the following responsibilities:
- Handle questions/issues from Accounts Payable (A/P) coordinators and serves as lead for the department.
- Act as liaison to and department resource for the General Accounting Manager.
- Respond to inquiries from employees and vendors, and resolve issues as needed.
- Assist in maintaining Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) controls in the procurement to pay process including review of the un-invoiced reports, documentation of review and follow up.
- Work with Purchasing group and users to coordinate the closing of Purchases Orders.
- Obtain and review new vendor information, set up new vendor and maintain vendor information in the accounting system.
- Assist in month end accounts payable close and accruals process.
- Prepare/maintain A/P and department training materials. Coordinate and conduct new hire A/P orientation.
- As needed, review, verify and process vendor invoices. May include matching against purchase orders; identifying sales/use tax applicability of vendors and accruing tax as applicable; ensuring appropriate approvals are obtained, researching and compiling any needed back up (packing slips, etc.).
- Train new A/P coordinators as appropriate; provide guidance and advice to less senior coordinators.
- Back up for weekly check processing and disbursement
Qualified candidates for the Accounts Payable Lead position should possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years in Accounts Payable
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong Word and Excel skills (including Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP experience)
The total compensation range is from $50,000 to $55,000 with great benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to email@example.com and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. #MO06APL6JR5. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.
Pay: $50,000 to $55,000/year
$50000 to $55000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time