Accounts Payable Clerk
A Leading Distribution Company located in Bergen County, New Jersey is searching for an Accounts Payable Clerk who will handle the following responsibilities:
- Receive invoices from the AP email or via mail.
- Route invoices appropriately for necessary approval(s)
- Verify Plant related invoices have received all packing slips and necessary approvals.
- Properly code invoices and assess for sales tax.
- Data enter invoices into accounting software
- Receive invoices against Purchase Orders, when applicable.
- Attach approved invoices in accounting software.
- Maintain sales & use tax log and files sales & use returns.
- Review vendor statements and resolve missing or open invoices.
- Answer vendor and internal AP questions.
- Provide auditors with AP files as requested on a quarterly basis.
- Tracks non-entered invoices for AP accruals.
- Creates weekly AP check registers.
- Backup role for AP Admin duties when needed.
Qualified candidates for the Accounts Payable Clerk role should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting a plus
- 1+ years of experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel
- SAP experience a plus
The total compensation range is from $38,000 to $45,000 with excellent benefits. If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. #MO0048FT. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.
Have a friend or colleague in need of career assistance? Help them and help yourself! Speak to a recruiter today about our referral bonus program.
Nauticus Group is an elite staffing team specializing in placing all levels of accountants, bookkeepers, analysts, tax and audit professionals on a temporary, consulting, or permanent basis. Job titles and responsibilities of the candidates we specialize in placing may include the following: Accounting, finance, bookkeeping, payroll, credit & collections, audit, taxation and operations.
Pay: $38,000 to $45,000/year
$38000 to $45000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time