Accounts Payable Associate
A Leading DistributionCompany located in Middlesex County, New Jersey is searching for an Accounts Payable Associate who will handle the following responsibilities:
- Perform quality assurance of approximately 1000 invoices for payment by checking for accuracy and timeliness on a monthly basis.
- Identify invoices that need be classified as prepaid or capital items are coded correctly. Manage the weekly disbursement runs.
- Responsible for managing the daily workflow and ensure the various tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Take the lead role to ensure operational, critical and recurring invoices are paid on time.
- Responsible to make quick decisions and process for payment for emergency check request.
- Prepare journal entries for month end close.
- Responsible for monthly general ledger reconciliation of prepaidand checking account.
- Assist with internal and external audit request.
- Assist in 1099 reporting and sales/use tax reporting on an ongoing basis.
- Assist with coaching and mentoring of staff in areas of policy updates, system enhancements and providing excellent customer service for internal and external clients.
- Assist manager in process improvement and system enhancements. Maintain current department policy and procedures.
Qualified candidates for the Accounts Payable Associate role should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting a plus; recent grad a plus
- 2+ years of experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel
The total compensation range is from $40,000 to $45,000 with excellent benefits. If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. #MO06AP15M9R.Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.
Have a friend or colleague in need of career assistance? Help them and help yourself! Speak to a recruiter today about our referral bonus program.
Nauticus Group is an elite staffing team specializing in placing all levels of accountants, bookkeepers, analysts, tax and audit professionals on a temporary, consulting, or permanent basis. Job titles and responsibilities of the candidates we specialize in placing may include the following: Accounting, finance, bookkeeping, payroll, credit & collections, audit, taxation and operations.
Pay: $40,000 to $45,000/year
$40000 to $45000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time