Accounts Payable Associate
- Process vendor invoices and vouchers for payment in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring proper documentation and authorization in accordance with company accounting procedures and policies.
- Process vendor credits and matching return to vendor paperwork provided by Procurement and Shipping department.
- Communicate with the Procurement department all invoice discrepancies, as well as resolve invoice discrepant issues with vendors.
- Review and process employee expense reports, ensuring compliance with the company T&E Policy. Follows up on non-compliant transactions.
- Review purchasing card statements to ensure authorization and performs reconciliations and processing. Ensures all transactions are executed in accordance with the company policies.
- Prepare journal entries for accrued expense, as well as adjustment entries to correct posting errors.
- Reconcile vendor statements, along with accrued receipts reporting.
- Research past due statements/invoices from vendors. Assists vendors and other departments regarding status of payments.
- Assist with month-end, quarterly, and year-end closing of the General Ledger.
- Provide general accounting support, including filing, opening, sorting, scanning, and distributing mail, as well as files paid vouchers.
- Act as back-up support to switchboard and courier services when necessary.
- Assist with various special projects as assigned by the Accounts Payable Manager.
Qualified candidates for the Accounts Payable Associate should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree a plus
- 2+ years of experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel
The total compensation range is from $45,000 to $50,000 with great benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. #132041. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.
Pay: up to $50,000/year
45,000 to 50,000
Job Status: Full Time