- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements of the company, including working with the Corporate Controller to prepare budget to actual variance analysis.
- Review all month-end balance sheet analysis to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Oversee the activities of Accounts Receivable function, including cash receipts, ensuring the timely processing of cash applications, billing adjustments, credit card processing, etc. Review AR aging and supervise the Collection team to ensure productivity and assist in customer payment matters.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal control processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles "GAAP", as well as, all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Work with Corporate Controller to oversee federal, state and local tax matters, ensuring compliance with tax laws and timely preparation of all related tax filings. Work with external tax advisors, KPMG, to ensure the Company is compliant.
- Leadership and people-management, including staffing and performance management.
- Supervise team to ensure that month-end close process is adhered to in a timely fashion, which allows for sufficient review time
- Analyze performance and make recommendations to improve profitability/ROI, operating efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to identify critical issues and trends and communicate them effectively.
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis to help support the business operating units.
Qualified candidates for the Accounting Manager should possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus
- 5+ years of experience
- High level of accuracy and organizational skills
- Advanced Excel skills a must, experience with NetSuite a plus
The total compensation range is from $90,000 to $100,000 with great benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. #07015. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.
Pay: up to $100,000/year
90,000 to 100,000
Job Status: Full Time